Thursday 26 April 2012

My Crumbling World

Dark times are a coming, the skies feel so heavy and black
Not sure that this will improve, but know that I have to try
People that I thought I could trust, and be there to support me
Just seem to leave me struck dumb and asking myself......why?

A wall of silence has appeared, where there was always comfort
A suspicious look, a steely stare, then backs turned towards me
I feel so alone,hurt and unwanted, no one there any more
All I want is to be loved again. What will happen? We shall see.

Cold darkness is closing in around me,suffercating me,
My candle of hope has been extinguished, no more light
Naked, unprotected, forlorn, don`t know where to turn to
Any point in carrying on, or should I just give up the fight?

All the love I felt for you, has disappeared from sight
The tender moments we shared together, are no more
The wonderful memories we had made as a couple
Just leave me saddened, lonely, bitter, upset and sore.

I had built my hopes around you, now they are destroyed
Life that has been completely ruined, not sure where to go
Rubble all about me, shattered dreams, there is no more
Trying to keep afloat here, though you sunk me very low.

I must pick myself up off the floor and carry on
Learn from the past, never forget it, but close the door
Hold my head up high, never ask... why?  but look forward
With my family and friends, I need never fear no more.


No comments:

Post a Comment