Tuesday 6 August 2013



Storm of the Heart

The rain is beating on my window pane
beating out the sad tune in my head
for nothing can be said or done
can not change this feeling of dread

drops of rain running down my window
like the stream of tear I`m crying now
wondering what`s really happening to me
to end this storm, please tell me how

darkened skies like the blackness I feel
gives a sensation of decaying
going rotten from deep within me
I`m left here bewildered and praying

can this pain subside start to heal?
will the rot cease to eat away my heart?
just like the storm,  only time will tell
as it rumbles on tearing the sky apart



Troubled times and stormy weather have the feeling they go together, ooops that sounds like the start of another poem !!,  Some times a storm clears more than tension in the atmosphere  this poem was one of those times.



© Lissie Bull 2013


No comments:

Post a Comment