Thursday 5 September 2013

Rainbows

Kaleidoscope of many colours
Stretching right across the sky
Forever painted in our minds
Here one moment, then vanished.....why?

Red and orange start the pattern
So rich and strong for all to see
Wonderful yellow follows next
Echoing the sun so perfectly

Green and blue, the colours of the earth
Orbiting the bright hues of the sun
Reminding me of the river of life
Showing us that rainbows are fun

Indigo and violet follow next
Colours of peace and relaxation
Complete this wonderful view
Filling our hearts with elation

All seven colours hung on display
Such a beautiful painting to see
Vibrant colours of the rainbow
Arched across the sky for you and me.


I wrote this poem while sat in the lobby of The Gilmore in Memphis.  
My friend Dale had talked about rainbows and that it would be a great subject to write a poem.
It was so cool and peaceful sat there and I enjoyed the experience and solitude



© Lis Bull 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment