Saturday 16 November 2013

Since you went away......

Sat here on the quay side
Waiting for your ship to dock
Been so many years away
You left me deep in shock

You suddenly departed
Never gave me an excuse
What was I suppose to think?
As I became a recluse

I spent my nights all alone
But kept a candle burning
Watched the sea from my window
Missing you and yearning

Many seasons came and went
But there was no sign of you
Winter, spring, summer or fall
Just had to muddle on through

I have picked up the pieces
And learnt to carry on
That was until this morning
When I saw you ship at dawn

I rushed down to the quayside
Just to see you standing there
Your arms wrapped round another
But I didn`t feel despair

You didn`t even see me
Stood there in the crowd
So I walked back up the hill
My head held high and proud

For while you`ve been away
I have become very strong
Found the man of my dreams
And didn`t need you all along




When people have to make the most of what`s been dealt them,
it`s amazing how well they can cope and make the best of it all.


© Lis Bull 2013 




No comments:

Post a Comment