Thursday 10 April 2014



I'm only human

Although I know you love me
it makes it harder to understand
the pain and anguish I feel
when you take the upper hand

The work you do is awesome
but at home you are a pain
helping out is beneath you
I know it`s such a drain!

Sadly, I am just human
I need some help some time
wish I had a magic fairy
is that really such a crime?

But you just hide in your room
play games and chat to a friend
while I wash and cook for you
my tether is fraying at the end

I'm taxi, banker and washer
adviser, helper and much more
I am also trying to follow my dreams
so sorry if this poem`s a bore

Just spare a thought sometimes
for the work that I do too
we all have to live in this house
I'm not a servant for you!!


Written after an argument about this same old stuff....


© Lis Bull 2014




No comments:

Post a Comment