Tuesday 16 September 2014

Stairway to Heaven

Up the winding stairs
all the way to heaven
watching as the world
begins to fall away
clouds slowly sweeping in
obscuring where I've been
these stairs are so steep
as I continue to climb
hope it will be worth it
will God let me in

these stairs give me time
to contemplate all I've done
not proud of everything
but have really tried so hard
would I have done things different?
no wouldn't change a thing
for I'm so glad I found you
you're the best thing in my life...
and now I leave you behind
that's so hard for me to bare...

the only sadness
that I`ll feel here
is the loss of you
my one true love......

Lord, if you could grant me
just one thing in death
there's only one wish I'd have
to spend a day my true love!


© Lissie Bull 2014 




No comments:

Post a Comment