Sunday 28 May 2017


Depression hits people is many ways,  we can never prepare for it, but we have to try and work through it. It is hard for friends and relatives to understand what is happening or how they can help. This poem was written from the heart!



Emotional state of Affairs

This emotional tide is so devastating
it takes me through all the highs and lows
such extremes affects my mental balance
inability to react with others, really shows

The world feels so heavy on my shoulders

this crushing sensation weighs upon my soul
what should of been a normal reaction
sends me crashing under the strain as a whole

For depression isn't just a sadness

it`s  a complete emptiness as well
somehow you feel so utterly trapped
locked in a prison, just wanting to yell

Spiralling downwards into an abyss

for nothing feels it will ever be right
though I'm told that I should cheer up and smile
I would prefer to hide and stay out of sight

A sinking sensation settles upon me

I feel my back is pushed against the wall
where should I go? there`s no where to run to
who`s there to help me, who do I call?

For all these dark feelings pinning me to the floor

tears trickling down my cheek, I feel so doomed
escape seems so futile here within my world
this depression has me, I'm totally consumed


© Lissie Bull 2017







No comments:

Post a Comment