Friday 19 May 2017




Life goes on.....

This day is always an emotional one for me and my family.
It`s said that time is a healer, but each year the pain in my heart is still raw. 
Healing must take a life time, a way of reminding us that our loved ones mean so much.
This is year it is ten years. two digits, a decade since I lost my husband to cancer and my children lost their father.  Just thinking about it bring a tear to my eye.

I remember telling our children to take a good memory of their father and lock it away in their hearts, and when they were sad, remember that memory and know that their father would always be with them no matter how low they felt.

So much has happened in these 10 years and I am starting to feel my age. However, I am so proud of my wonderful children and all that they have accomplished during this time without their father. They have been through so much and still they continue to thrive.

It has been hard for me as I have tried to be a mother and a father to them all. I don`t know everything, but I have learnt so much along the way and I am so grateful for it too. 

There have seen exciting times too, three have gone or going through university and my eldest runs his own business. They have all developed in their own fields of interest, which is how it should be.  This makes me so honoured to be their parent.

For me, there have also been great changes,  I couldn't express my emotions, and someone kindly suggested that I wrote them down. As a result, I now write poetry and enjoy bringing poems to everyone I meet.  I would love to help other people who have gone through a bereavement, it really does help with the emotions.

There will always be a whole in my heart, for I miss Steven each and every day. nothing can replace that feeling of sheer loss, but to see my children grow in confidence and start the next chapter in their lives, help to soften the sadness. 

Though this feeling of loss will remain with me and my family, I know that Steven will always be with us, watching everything we do. I know he is also very proud of us and all that we have achieved and all we will achieve in the future.

Love and miss you always Steve 


No comments:

Post a Comment