Thursday 14 September 2017


Can't Sleep !!

Even though, over the past few nights, I've had very little rest and my head is throbbing through tiredness,  I still can not sleep.

My daily routine is out of place. Early to wake for no apparent reason and too awake to head to bed but still I can not sleep !

I find myself stuck in this no man's land of awakeness …. a zombie .... it would appear ! I work through my chores and help my children with the troubles, yet, still I can not sleep.

As I dose in front of the television, I feel its time for me to slumber. So up the stairs I climb, only to lay in bed for hours as rest eludes me.  Wishing I could go to sleep.

So as I lie cosy in my bed, I prayer that I can drift off and join dream world, thus escaping the stress of all that's been going on. Please may I gentle slip in to sleep.

In my bed I lay, waiting patiently  for my sleep ... I wish with all my heat for sleep to take a hold of me ....I need my sleep !!

(C)  Lissie Bull 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment