Saturday 9 September 2017

Families

Its not easy bringing up four kids single handed.  Losing a partner to cancer is hard enough,  but dealing with two autustic children really spices life up !

However, we managed through thick and thin. I did everything to keep my family going. Roof over head, food on the table and clothes on their backs. Not to mention all the love in the world.

They were wounded children missing one of their parents.  I was mother and father to all of them. Three boys were a challenge .... pubity,  shaving, sport .... to name a few !   A daughter who was a daddy's girl and missing his protection!

Got them through senior school, college and university too.  Even one,  starting his own business.  juggled money, time,  love and advice.

I was cook, housekeeper, taxi, banker, councillor, advisor, shoulder to cry on and much much more.

The only problem I really had, was that I had no one to guide me or a shoulder to cry on.
Never knew who to turn to.

After my partner's death, it felt like the bridge that connected his family and mine had collapsed and the families had sadly began to lose contact. The valley between the two families just grew bigger and bigger.

To this day it saddens me that the link has gone and the wider family suport is not there any more. Families will always be important.  I know they were to me as it was growing up.

My hopes for the future are that my children keep in touch with their partners extended families. That they have the support that I lacked after the death of my partner.

Families are important, as are good friends.
Hold on to what is good and makes you happy. Use all the good support you are offered. Enjoy life.

This is something in am trying to do. If I am happy and healthy, them my children are happy.   You only live once so live it well.


Lissie 💜

1 comment:

  1. Greetings to you from Chester, UK. Some sound advice, families are important.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete