Sunday 15 October 2017


I am not a Robot 

I`m a person, a human being
not a servant to be trod all over
at everyone`s beck and call
but I know life`s no bed of clover

my youth was a long time ago
it should be my time to rest
yet still I have so many chores
left exhausted and depressed

everyone should have time to laugh
and feel good about themselves
so why do I have to keep on toiling
we should be allowed to be ourselves

I'm not a robot, to do your bidding
but a daughter, wife and mother
please don't take me for granted
for once I'm gone, there is no other!

© Lissie Bull 2017
Image found on youtube











1 comment:

  1. I was really pleased to receive this feed back

    YES!!!...I bet it felt good to write those words down!...... and the really cool thing is that you did it with eloquence, style, and true understanding of the 'art of poetry'...... excellent phrasing and subtle anger just below the surface...... well conceived and BEAUTIFULLY delivered!!......ALL STARS!!.... well done dear poet sister!!...... as Bob Marley would say..." Get up, Stand up for your rights!!"........ALL STARS!!..... you go girl!!....:. LOVE and ROCKETS!!.....T xo

    ReplyDelete