Tuesday 17 October 2017




Hi there,  

As most of you know, I started writing after the death of my husband, Steve, over 10 years ago.  I have found this a great help for me, I now feel stronger, more confident and look on this world with a lot more hope.

Since then, I have started to help others who have been through the same as I have. 
Losing a loved one is such a massive and life changing event and each one of us experience many different emotions, feelings and outlook on life.  How will I cope, how will my children manage and how long will the process take?  

These are questions that can not always be answers in the same way to each and every one who goes through bereavement. It`s different for everyone.  My four children coped in their own way and each was very different from each other and myself.

Over the years my emotions and outlook on life have changes. My children have become adults and are moving on with their lives and therefore I feel less stressed and ready to move on to the next chapter of my life.

So these changes are a good thing in my mind and I can`t wait to continue.  Therefore I am on the hunt for a venue to do an open mic event, whether that`s an evening event or a day time one. I would love to invite other poets, story tellers and people who can tell a story through lyrics.  It would enable us to make new friends, experience new concepts of what we enjoy and maybe even some collaborations too.

I have a passion for poetry and introducing others to it`s healing power.   It doesn`t matter what the poetry or story is like as long as it helps the person who is writing, it helps us to express our inner feelings and emotions, and therefore allowing the healing to start.

If you would like to know more then please leave a comment here or on my Facebook page,


I am open to all ideas and offers of help.

Thank you 

Lissie





No comments:

Post a Comment