Wednesday 13 December 2017



The answer to my life.

I have finally worked out where I have been going wrong with my kids.
I mollicoddle them too much, I pamper to their needs! Shopping, cooking, dishes, cleaning, laundry and even taxi driver.
I'm too old for all this.
They are old enough to cope !

It all started when their dad was diagnosed with cancer and after eight months, he died.
They were young and vulnerable and in shock from all that had happened
I wanted to scoop them up, protect them, take their pain away, make them smile and help them to laugh again.

It would appear I never stopped,
I just carried on caring , forgetting about myself and my pain evening neglecting my needs!

It has to stop now !!
I'm getting old and tired, with lots of aches and pains. I'm slower and forgetful too. Life is passing me by.  So now I have to think of myself and what makes me happy. Time is slowly running out for me .. so I have to stand up and take back what is mine.

I love my kids with all my heart, I would do anything for them, but like bitter medicine, I need to be harsh and take control of my life.

There I've found  answer to the equation of parenthood.

I'm take back my life kids ... but I still love you !!!

Lissie 

No comments:

Post a Comment