Wednesday 21 March 2018




Why I write ......


Life is full of many different emotions,  these can be felt in a myriad of ways!

The passion of love, an attraction to our soul mate is a powerful emotion.  To be with the one we want to spent the rest of out life with as they become the centre of our world.

Becoming a parent is an amazing honour, to hold our child for the first time as such a proud moment. Helping them to develop, grow and eventually mature into adulthood. Teaching them the way of the world, to cope with all the things that people, governments and nature in general is thrown at them.  Being there throughout the good times and a shoulder to cry on throughout the sad times.

Acknowledging achievements as the family grows up and children become independent are things that should be noted and recorded. To honour these achievements is a necessity 
not just for them but for us too. memories are formed and held onto for the rest of our lives.



Watching our families move on, fall in love, get married and start families of their own.  Grandchildren to cherish and therefore more memories to collect.

Sadly at some point in life we will experience a death to either a family member or a close friend. This is heart breaking and very emotional. The memories that we have become so important and help us to cope with bereavement.

All these emotions mould us into who we are,  they can strengthen us and sustain us throughout our lives.  I use these emotions, memories and experiences to help me write. For all these are held in my heart, they flow through words found deep within my soul.
My poetry helps me to not explode, like a pressure cooked, writing poems enables me to release the pressure of life but letting my pen flow freely, painting pictures with words from my heart.

I hope I can always be able to write, allowing my emotions to dance across the paper and express my passions whether they are happy, sad, angry or sheer joy.

This is why I write .....


Lissie


No comments:

Post a Comment