Tuesday 4 June 2013


 That awful moment


That awful moment, stands still in life
It`s marked with tears running down my face
Shoulders shaking and heart a pounding
Left to stand here in this lonely place

Maybe I should not of turned to you
At least, not in my hour of need
Though I know not, who else to turn to
Your wisdom`s something I shouldn`t heed

You were in it only for your gain
As you had no thoughts of helping me
And everybody thought you cared
You were a devil, now leave me be

As I pick myself up off the ground
I realise that I don`t need you
Brushing myself down and start to smile
I can move on as I know what to do.


© Lis Bull 2013

This poem is a culmination of a few events that I have gone through over the past months.
I was knocked down, but now I am stronger, I know I can move forward as a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment