Friday 10 August 2018


When I can`t pick up my pen ….


The ability to write is a wonderful thing, to be able to express emotions that are felt deep within one`s inner core.  Emotions that affect the way we feel, how we experience life and therefore how we cope with events around us.

Sometimes there are things that interfere with our ability to put pen to paper.  These can include shock, illness, work, family or depression.  How we cope depends on the person we are.

For me,  writing is very important,  it helps me to cope with the ups and downs of my life.
From the sorrow of death to the joys of family achievements.  Inspirations comes from many different directions.

How ever, when the ability is blocked,  words cease to flow.  I find I can`t express my emotions or be inspired to write.  It feels like I`m a room behind a locked door and can`t see or hear anything.

When this happens there`s not much I can do but walk away from the poetry and do something completely different.  If this continues though, it can lead to writers block!

Thankfully it doesn`t happen to me very often and I am lucky enough to have a hobby that I can taken up until it passes.

Never let this situation not you down as it is only for a moment and will pass.

So ….. carry on and never give up  !!








No comments:

Post a Comment