Friday 28 October 2022

 


Experiencing bereavement changes us, how we cope with that change forges our future, while we hold onto our memories of the past 💖

I met a lovely lady recently who sadly lost an important person in her life. She found she couldn't cope or see a happy future for herself.
I talked about my experience and how I coped and explained that there was a future for her after bereavement.
We chatted about memories, her hopes and wishes and slowly she started to smile again.

We spoke about expressing emotions and I introduced poetry writing to her. Over time she found, like myself, that writing a poem was a healing therapy.

It is wonderful to see people come back to life, have goals, a future and beable to cherish her memories.

Never be afraid to remember those special memories of happy times, they will always be with us and our loved ones stay in our hearts.  

Maybe writing down your feelings in the form of a poem could help you release some of your pressure, sadness and even loss. It does have to rhyme and you don't have to share it either.

If you are or have been through a bereavement, my heart goes out to you.

Talking, writing, painting, music are all good therapies, why not give them ago.

May your memories stay safely in your hear and your smile shines bright and  take care of yourself.

Lissies xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment