Sunday 27 March 2016

Hi there,

I have had some wonderful news !
Last year I wrote a poem for a competition on a subject that`s very much out of my comfort zone.
I have received an emails letting me know that although I didn`t win, my poem is to be included in a charity anthology to raise awareness of the work that goes into helping victims of Domestic Violence.
This is to be published in late April, when I know more I will post details.


Here is the poem....










I Survived.!

I am a daughter, sister, wife and mother
not a servant, skivvy or a punch bag
for I have emotions, feelings and a heart
I`m a human being and not here to brag

for we came together through our passion
wanting to build a better life as a team
but sadly this haven didn`t last long
as behind closed doors I was left to scream

then I learnt to wear my makeup thicker
to hide the bruises that were rained down on me
outside the house, I held my head up high
I was the matriarch of my family

whatever was done to me...I would survive
finding the help needed I would have my day
I would come through all this hell in the end
just had to find the courage to walk away

domestic violence is found behind closed doors
I`m so glad I managed to work out just how
to start to rebuild my life once again
I am at peace with my family now

sadly domestic violence is still here
but with help and support, we can open the door!
I am glad I managed to work out just how
to start to rebuild my life and smile more

© Lissie Bull 2015






No comments:

Post a Comment