Monday 9 September 2013


Morning shaft of light


Silence felt in the morning
As a shaft of slanting light
Falls across my sleeping cat
Who has slept here through the night

Secure in the knowledge she`s safe
Rays of sun warming up her fur
As she stretches out her long limbs
Settling down with a throaty purr

Within this shaft the dust dances
Appears suspended in mid air
Almost as if a torch shines down
Upon my bed, then on my chair

Watching the bright slant of light
Slowly creeping across her world
As time moved gradually by
She remains stretch, her tail curled

As the sun rises higher
This beaming slant of light moves on
Along with my dozing feline
Until its at its peak and gone.


Just love to watch my cat sleeping in the sunlight in the morning,
her fur all warm to the touch, I love her so much!



© Lis Bull 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment