Monday 24 July 2017


Life Words


After losing my husband to cancer nearly ten years ago,  I found I couldn't talk to anyone, I froze and turned in on myself.   However, I was lucky enough to meet someone who felt that maybe writing down my emotions and feelings would help me to cope with the bereavement and let me open up and express myself.

So I took up my pen and started writing, all my emotions, feelings, my anger, my regrets and me fears for the future.  Through all this, I began to see some light at the end of the tunnel, a sort of salvation.   My poetry grew as I started to feel a little more confident.

Over the next few years, I was able to smile again,  even laugh. I was also able to help my children, understand what they were going through and start to be a mother again.

As poetry helped me and my family,  I would love to help others who have been through or are going through the same experiences, emotions and deep sorrow.  Let them find the joy of expression through the written words that flow from their heart and soul.

After much thought and pondering, I have decided that I would love to start a group to help bereaved people,  guide them and help them to pick up a pen and write down their emotions, fears, sorrows and even their wishes for the future.

Therefore I hope to apply for a grant to set up a charity that will be available to help people, when they are at their lowest point and unable to express their inner most feelings while they are going through a bereavement.  

If anyone has any advice or knowledge about applying for grants or setting up a charity, I would be really grateful for your help.

Many thanks

Lissie 








No comments:

Post a Comment