Friday 21 July 2017











A silent wish....

Since you`ve gone, there`s no sound
just your presence all around
somehow I feel that you`re here
as your possessions bring a tear

half expecting you to walk in
wearing your great big grin
we use to sit down and talk
but all I hear now is the clock

your cologne in the bathroom
on the shelf by my perfume
your dressing gown has now gone
I`m left with my bed just for one

memories the house still holds
tightly tucked among it`s folds
what I would give to hold you
wishing this would happen too

oh my dear I miss you so
sat here as tears begin to flow
wish for a kiss to reassure me
oh how happy I would be

but that is just a wish
my little silent wish....


Everyone has wishes, I know what mine are at this moment.....Do you?

© Lissie Bull 2017
image found on pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment