Tuesday 28 November 2017





Poetry for the blind.


I had an interesting commission recently.  I was asked to write a poem for a lovely lady to give to her partner for Christmas.  Nothing unusual with that, you may say,  but her partner is blind.

I wrote a poem for her that was made up from her own words and she was really happy with it`s our come . Then I contacted the Royal National Institution of the Blind to ask if they could help.  They were very happy to help and today I received the poem that has been transcribed into braille.

This is such an honour and I am so pleased to be able to send this to my customer and I hope her partner enjoys his Christmas gift.

So never feel that a challenge is impossible as there is always a chance that it is possible. This was the case for me and I am so glad that I took it on.  I have learnt so much and I am so proud of what I have achieved. 

The Poem ...



Stephen


my special boyfriend

can't wait for Christmas with you
I feel such joy and happiness
in everything we do.

I know it will be a special time
every moment we're together
the magic of the festive season
will build memories forever

you're my Christmas dream
I couldn't ask for more
just want to give you all you need
and a future you`re hoping for.

(c) Lissie Bull 2017












No comments:

Post a Comment