Sunday 15 September 2019



Tired loneliness.


I can`t cope with the sadness
that dwells deep within my heart
just want to be back in your arms
it`s been too long for us to be apart

the angels you send have remained
but the person I want is just a memory
fading slowly away into the past
life force diminishing it`s energy

oh Steve, I feel so lonely these days
as our children moving forward 
the days start to slow and darken 
they don`t need me, I can feel awkward

tears of this tired old woman fall freely
reminding me of all that I hold dear
as I look up to the heavens for guidance
white feathers tell me you are always near

wrap you arms around me, my dearest
visit me through my dreams in the night
whisper sweet words for my ears alone
and I will be reunited with my shining knight!

(c) Lissie Bull 2019 









No comments:

Post a Comment