Monday 1 June 2020












Lockdown Joys!

waking up to sounds of snoring
welcome to lockdown from today
work from home and school your kids
we`re going to learn to live a new way

an hour of writing reports and emails
before my ears ring with screaming
chaos and bedlam has broken out 
Government rules! they must be dreaming!!

and as for doing home schooling
I struggle to set the correct tone
discipline goes out the window
me! teaching!  I`d rather be alone!

PE in the garden, that should wear them out!
stretching, running and touching their toes
followed by an obstacle course
sadly that ended in sibling blows!

juggling with job and house work
as the kids cause a huge riot
I pop them down in front of telly
it`s time for peace and quiet!

send them up to their own bedrooms
while I got on with cooking supper
a glass of wine to calm me down
I need to be a lot more tougher

at the end of the first day in lockdown
time to sit down and drown my sorrow
we`ve got many more weeks of doing this
another glass and I`ll start again tomorrow!!

(c) Lissie Bull 2020






No comments:

Post a Comment