Monday 20 December 2021

Approaching Christmas

I have always written a poem at Christmas for my husband, Steve, 
 who died over 14 years ago.  These poems are personal, sentimental, emotional and full of our love 💕



Approaching Christmas

As Christmas time approaches
bringing memories to the fore
as a tear runs down my cheek

an empty chair at the table
seeing your photo on the wall
just my pen helps me speak

this festive time`s for families
making memories to treasure
and yet we are missing you

time is not so much a healer
for I miss you more and more
so lucky, my kids help me through

as we prepare for Christmas
 bright decorations go up
presents under the twinkling tree

there`s a great buzz in the air
sitting near to me I sense you
watching us and smiling at me.

(C) Lissie Bull 2021



Will always love and miss you Steven 
xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment