Sunday 9 April 2023

NaPoWriMo 2023

Day 5

Prompt

begin by reading Charles Simic`s poem "The Melon" It would be easy to call the poem dark, but as they say, if your didn`t have darkness you wouldn`t know what light is or vice versa.  Challenge is to write a poem involving vice versa within the poem.












The Torch

Darkness wrapped around my world
eerie silence hiding everything in sight
odd sounds causing the heart to flutter
black shadows surround me in the night

yet seen through a shaft of bright light
there`s a small segment of the landscape
held in my hand, pinpointing my route
there`s hope I`ll maneuver towards  escape

torch light through darkness under the sky
nature`s glimpsed momentarily
then plunging the world back into blackness
for both only survive temporarily.

(C) Lissie`s Poems 2023


No comments:

Post a Comment