Wednesday, 26 August 2026

Many years ago I was lucky enough to visit a Buddhist Monastery in Honiton. It was an amazing experience meeting the monk and learning all about them. We were also taught meditation.  Quiet meditation and also walk meditation. We walked along gravel paths in a slow steady pace that helped to slow down the mind and body.  Since then I find meditating a great help, it calms my stress, clears my mind of negativity and I find I feel refreshed and content within myself.

Have you ever done any meditation, I would love to hear about it, which method do you prefer?


In this poem I look at different methods of meditation and nature healing. 







Meditation

To sit and contemplate
is good for the soul
clearing one's mind
of all that's unnecessary
feeling uplifted
rejuvenated
whether sat cross legged
or comfortably on a chair

lilting soft music
a gentle beat
panpipes
sounds of nature
or sweet silence

a steady rhythm of walking
can calm the mind
send you into a trance
gentle beating of the march
this is still meditation

yet for some
moving a warm disc
metaphorically 
around the body
with the power of the mind
warming along its route
channelling the mind
can really work for some

there are as many ways
to meditate
as there are different
cultures.....
that all work the mind
thus calming the soul!

© Lissies Poems 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment