Saturday 1 September 2012



Muffled World

Waking up to total silence
A sense of bright deafness all around me
A world covered by a thick white duvet
That shines in through my bedroom window
Muffling all the every day sounds
Creating a stillness everywhere
A white blanket
Of cotton wool
All about me on this early morning

Stood on my back door threshold
Surveying the white scenery that greets me
This world still wrapped in its duvet
That covers right to the horizon
Suppressing the sounds from my senses
A calmness from all the stresses
A white softness
Of fluffy towels
Comforting me this early morning.



On a morning after the snow has fallen, you wake up to a brightness beaming throught the curtains, and you just know the world is all wrapped up in its snow duvet.  Muffled silence.   I just love that feeling.


© Lissie Bull 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment