Sunday 27 August 2017




Writer's Block

Writing is such a big part of my life, expressing my emotions through poetry.
Letting my pen dance across my note pad and paint pictures using the words from my heart.  A poetic form of a diary.

This is a great coping mechanism for myself and for many people and also helps me look back over my emotional life.

However sometimes writing becomes difficult, my pen doesn't dance or paint new pictures. These can be hard times where emotions, experiences and even events are unable to be written about because of writer's block!

The longer writer's block continues the worse it becomes. Frustration sets in and I find myself more determined to try to write. This can cause problems, like self doubt, feelings of failure and even giving up writing.

The best thing for me is to walk away and do something completely different for awhile and then when I feel more relaxed, I can pick up my pen and try again. Most of the time this is all I need to do. Other times, I have to leave it a little longer and then try again.

So never give up if you go through writer's block, for with time, you can pick your writing up again and create new poetry, essays or even a novel too !!

Lissie

No comments:

Post a Comment