Wednesday 20 September 2017






False Friends

Friends are an important part of our lives, like an extended family but without the blood connection.  During our lives friends come and go, some for a short time and others stay much longer. There are many different types of friends but all are very much appreciated.

For me friends are precious as sadly I have lost many of my family.  It's hard bringing up four children on my own after their father died from cancer.  Felt alone with all my troubles and no one to turn too. No support, I was desperate to have an adult to talk to, a shoulder to lean on and someone who would protect me and my children.

Sadly there are some people who appear to be your friend but in fact are anything but a friend. These are false friends!  Oh they appear helpful, kind and interested as first , but then things start to change.  I have found that little lies slip in and mind games are used. I started to doubt myself, and they were conveniently there to offer support and solutions. I began to feel I couldn't cope without them. 

That was fine until after a few times when you really needed their support, they said they would be there for you but then they are suddenly nowhere to be found.
This occurs more and more. That's when it's time to walk away.

Unfortunately, this has happened to me a few times.  Self esteem is lowered and the sense worth is undermined too. Low spirits depression and emotion problems.  

Don't let this happen to you, be careful who you trust. Don't give all of yourself until you are absolutely sure about you friend.

I know that I will be more careful and less trusting until I'm completely sure. Everyone makes mistakes and occasionally let people down, that's being human and not a robot. However forgiveness is important if it happens rarely but if it's on a regular event then don't rely on them for anything.

Sadly false friends are out there !!




No comments:

Post a Comment