Wednesday 6 December 2017



Winter`s knocking !

Winter is knocking at my door
with the cold seeping under it
so stoking up the fire for warmth
as bones are chilling where I sit

the cat`s stretched out before the hearth
quietly watching the mice run free
rooms filled with the sound of whistling
copper kettle boiling for me

the flicker from a lone candle
 spectacles perched on my nose
makes it hard to see the stitches
of a delicately sown rose

as the wind batters the shutters
and roaring fire keeps me warm
my cat stirs for but a moment
we both know there`s to be a storm

for the night will be a harsh one
but we`ll be safe here together
my cat and I in our cottage
nestled down here in the heather



As long as there`s a roof over my head, warmth and company I know I`ll be ok.



© Lissie Bull 2017






No comments:

Post a Comment