Thursday 29 November 2018




Festive Season....

Christmas season is such a wondrous time of the year, a day spent with your family and friends. Sharing gifts, food and company, giving thanks for all that we have in life, should put broad smiles across our bright faces.


My children are all in their twenties now so Christmas has lost some of it`s sparkle. They still enjoy parties, food and family time, not forgetting the gifts too. The part that is no longer necessary, are the little traditions that I`ve always done, like leaving out a glass of milk (Santa shouldn`t drink and drive lol ) and a mince pie to refresh Santa after his visit.  Sitting down to watch the Christmas movies or cartoons with the whole family and  Turkey Sandwiches before bed.


It`s great that they still want to come over and share their Christmas with me and that makes me so happy.  The boys have even taken my down to the pub for a cider!

However, there are some traditions I will not change.  Little gifts on the end of their beds to wake to and not opening their presents that are under the Christmas Tree until after lunch and the dishes are washed done.  Gives me a day off !!

Do your family have their own little traditions that you keep going with?  I hope so, as it`s can really make a great Christmas.

No matter what age my kids are, Christmas is a special time for me and I will always run an open house for everyone who wants to pop in and say hello.

I hope you enjoy all the preparations for your Christmas Season and find time to come together with your family and friends.


Lissie






No comments:

Post a Comment