Wednesday 28 November 2018



Pain ….. 

Being a mother is so rewarding, watching your children grow into wonderfully confident adults. Seeing them develop and mature and go out into the big wide world.

To get to that point in time, there many difficult times to get through.  Baby blues,illnesses, accidents, stressful school events to heart breaks, debt and depression. We all go through at least one or two of these in a life time.

Emotions run high, as blood pressure does too !  It`s hard to cope with it all.  Even as they get older, it doesn`t get any better.  I was always told  the first 30 years were the worse!!

It breaks my heart to see one of my kids getting stressed over what I felt was a minor problem,  I felt helpless trying to reassure them. Motherhood can really be so treacherous.

Now don`t get me wrong, I love my family ….  but that doesn`t mean I get stressed with them. So to help me I turn to my poetry.  When I am emotional, I find I can write with more feeling and passion. ( I don`t want my kids to go through hell so I can write )  

Is there a trigger that helps you to write?  What inspires you ?   Is it a feeling, picture, smell, word or something else?   I would love to know.

Poetry is a fabulous way to write down your triumphs, heart breaks, sadness, happiness and memories !

So never forget to write these all down, whether on a laptop or pen and paper ….. never stop writing !!

Lissie 



No comments:

Post a Comment