Thursday 2 January 2020



After the festivities


Now the festivities are over and everyone is getting back to normality, I find this a time of quietness.  The decorations are put away and we find ourselves eating bland food to get over all the rich festive extras we`ve been diving into as  we find that we need to lose the excess pounds we`re wearing. Family members have gone back home and the house is peaceful once more.


One thing that`s good though, the shops have stopped playing the usual rubbish they call festival music as they are in full sway with their January Sales!!  Any Christmas wrapping paper, cards and decorations are all less than half price to clear the shelves!

People are back to work, and the school term will soon start, won't be long before rush hours  will be back in full swing each morning and evening with packed buses, and stressed drivers.The festive season woll soon be forgotten!

This is the time for new opportunities, chances and even inspiration to try something you`ve never done before.  A new year will soon be here, so don`t hide, don't bury your head or carry on the way you`ve always done.  This is a chance to stand up, rise above the dull mundane normally and stand with your head held high, take a risk and strive towards your dreams!

I`m revamping my poetry business, looking at my markets and customer's needs, working on new products and also looking at the way I advertise and what markets I will be attending during the year.

I also want to get my poetry anthology published and continue to working on a book of nonets.  This has always been a passion of mine  and I really want to achieve it this year.  


So at the beginning of the new year, after all the Christmas Festivities, there is so much to look forward too.   Though it maybe quiet and dull, I find that it is a time of inspiration, opportunity and optimism.  I  am looking forward to the start of the year and can`t wait to see what is on offer and what I can accomplish by the end of 2020!

Wishing you all a wonderful 2020, be positive, inquisitive, creative, happy and above all … believe in yourself!!

Lissie 




No comments:

Post a Comment