Thursday 31 December 2020

As this year draws to an end..

 



As this year draws to an end ....I find myself looking back over very unusual year indeed!  Nothing about this year has been normal and we have seen many changes along with sadness and fear.  We suddenly lost one of our beautiful cats,  Squeak, she was such and amazing character and would of been 17 in February. However  I was lucky to visit my son in Orkney, such an inspirational island. My eldest son turned 30, so we have a social distanced BBq at his forge workshop.  It was a lovely party in the sunshine.

It`s be a challenging time to find new and innovative ways to reach my markets. Turning to virtual markets and working on my Etsy Shop has enabled me to continue to build my business. 

The one thing that's always hits me though ... Steve is not here by my side to share these events. Then I remember .. Steve may not be by my side, he is still with me through everything .. he`s the reason for my writing and always in my heart. Accompanying me in all I do and also with each of his children too.

Lockdowns, tiers, masks and social distancing have taken their toll on people, families and individuals, especially the elderly, people with mental health and young children.  This pandemic has effected jobs, education, businesses, NHS and so much more.
I`m thankful to the internet as it has enabled us to keep in touch by video calls. It has certainly helped business and school lessons.  

So if you feel lonely .. remember your loved ones will always be with you held lovingly in your heart and those of your family.

I'd like to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to all of you who have joined me on my journey as you travel along yours too. Though this year has been challenging,  it`s amazing how we have all found ways to cope with it all.
Happy New Year, here's to an amazing 2021 full of opportunities, adventures and new memories to make and some to share.
Lissie ðŸ’œ xXx

 

No comments:

Post a Comment