Sunday 24 January 2021

 The Battle

Darkness hanging over me
the good times seem so lean
wish this burden could be lifted
need to brighten up the scene.

heavy rain is lashing at the window
howling winds beating at the door
I`m sat listening to Mother Nature
battle`s lost,  judging by the score.

Those hounds of doom are closing in
winds of time wrapped around this space
what was once a thriving life
is now a sad and lonely place.

my pathetic flickering little fire
will never keep sad misery away
all I can do is wrap up warm
hope the walls will keep this all at bay.

I pray the Lord will see me through
never to let me lose the fight
that I will watch another sun rise
the battle must be won tonight!

(C) Lissie Bull 2021



This poem came to me in a picture.  I could see a wooden shack standing all alone with the wind and rain beating down, and a small and pathetic fire inside.   The battle of life is raging all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment