Wednesday 28 July 2021

Depression.

 Depression

These are trying times and people have gone through and some are still going through horrendous ordeals during this pandemic.  For me, it`s been loneliness and depression which has hit me hard and can sadly affect my ability to write. 

Poetry is a big part of my life but depression took that away from me and I found it so hard to cope with. Each day I`d try to write, some days it starts to flow a little but others day I found myself staring at a blank notepad.  I have felt a little lost for words!

I`m sure many of you can relate to these problems in some way or another. There have been so many restrictions, lack of seeing family and friends and sadly losing people we love to this virus,  has certainly touched every single one of us. We find ourselves missing the usual friendships, activities and luxuries so to speak.

I hope you are all managing to cope through these unusual times and if you have been or are still suffering, I really hope that you have been able to find support and will soon be able to look forward to a brighter future.

Send all my love and plenty of virtual hugs your way.

Keep smiling and we will get through this together.

Lissie

xx


Depression

trapped deep within this terror
suffocated inside the darkness
silent enemies surrounding me
a world full of such madness

silence in a home full of souls
feint murmurs from another room
yet loneliness is felt within
will company come out of the gloom

with depths of  sorrow and sadness
dark despair casts it`s shadow
creating many blackened moments
hiding from sight, a better tomorrow!

(C) Lissie Bull 2021


No comments:

Post a Comment