Tuesday 12 July 2022

Challenged to write a poem through the eyes of Bubbles the Cat.  It`s raining at the back door, so she runs to the front door. What!  it`s raining there too!!


The Sky is Leaking!

Bubbles wants to go outside
 to check on her territory 
please human, let me out!
Oh no,   it`s dripping on my nose
damn this leaking sky.
Oh well.  I`ll try the other door
Come on human, let me out 
please. come on  come on  
I really want to go out!
What!!, not again, 
more leaks from the sky  
I`m going to get very wet.
this is so unfair,  
come on human, make it stop!
don`t shut the door again
Oh well, think I`ll find 
somewhere to sleep this off.
a comfy spot on the snug blanket
I can sit and watch outside 
while the other humans get wet!

(C) Lissie Bull 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment