Saturday 14 January 2023

 Releasing negative feelings.

Everybody has their good days and bad days,  smiles or stresses.  However these days don`t last for ever, well that`s what I tell myself. however my anxiety can really affect my outlook. These last few years have been hard for so many people and their mental health changed.          I try to find a positive quote or message to help me start each day and smile as often as I can but, deep down I`m not positive or content.

Thankfully, I find I can cope a little better with my poetry.  Writing down my emotions, not being afraid to say exactly how I feel, is a great relief.  It doesn`t matter if they make sense, rhyme as long as I feel a little bit calmer for releasing negative emotions that were causing my balance to be out of sync.

I thought I would share the poem I write about my anxiety,  if it helps someone to express their feelings, then it was worth sharing again.

Take care and feel free to pick up a pen and try a little poetry.

Lissie x


Anxiety 

Did I lock the front door properly?
I turn round and check once again
it`s becoming my daily ritual
feeling my life`s a pantomime!

every part of my day`s effected
with this diagnosis I`ve been given
doing general household chores
feel I`m at sixes and sevens

driving is now sadly a no-no
unless I have a co-pilot with me
I fret about the other drivers
anxiety, sings at me like a symphony!

but saddest of all is my poetry
my pen unable to dance on paper
sometimes I`m scared it`s lost for good
and my poems will turn to vapour

this anxiety, is a waking nightmare
made worse by all that`s going on
Covid measures, missed family
just want this anxiousness gone!

(C) Lissie Bull 2022


No comments:

Post a Comment