Monday 27 February 2017





Death comes to all of us...

There are two certainties in our lives,  firstly that we experience birth and secondly, that we will experience death, however, everything in between is a mystery.

I received a sad phone call Saturday morning, that my father was found dead in his home. So I immediately travelled to his home over the Severn Bridge, to help my siblings with the aftermath of our father`s death.

Clearing up after his death, emptying out the fridge and freezer, checking his study for information about his solicitor, will and other helpful papers, and checking everything was okay, was something that had to be done. Notifying distant family members and neighbours etc had to be done too.  This we all did together while offering love and support. So now we wait for the death certificate to be issued and move on to the next stage in the process after a death.

It has been strange to go through so many different emotions over the next 24 hours, from sadness, pain, regret and many more. It was good to know that I wasn't alone and had my siblings with me.  We lost our mother six years ago, so this is going to be harder.

Can`t believe how hard it was to sit down with my children and tell them what had happened to their grandfather. They all took the news in different ways, but together I know we can help and support each other.

I should be getting use to all this having buried my husband, mother and now father, however, each one has been different and hard in its own way.  I have found that though thee events re emotional, I have grown stronger and more understanding of others as they go through a death.

The healing process after a bereavement takes time and you have move forward at your own pace. Don`t  let other tell you that you should be over a bereavement in so many months...this is not true and we all heal in our own way.

To all those who have lost a loved one, I send you my condolences and prayers, take your time and look after yourself while you do, as knocking yourself down will not bring your love one back, it will most likely bring you down further.

Lissie 






No comments:

Post a Comment