Saturday 19 May 2012

Five years on....

Five years is such a long time
Our healing has been slow
A piece of us is missing
Since the day you had to go

The angels came and took you
They only take the best
We`re left here to carry on
Knowing that you`re now at rest

I watch our children growing
I help them all I can
All the silly things in life
Well...that`s suppose to be the plan !

I miss sitting in our garden
Or walking along the beach
Your laughter on our holidays
But now you`re out of reach

I know you watch over us
You see how well we`ve done
Our kids are growing up so fast
As now, they`re having some fun

Our memories will help us
Keep all the good times to heart
You may not be here with us now
Steve,  we will never really be apart.



Today is the fifth anniversary of my husband`s death.  I write a poem every year.  We all miss him  very much.  The poems help me come to terms with his untimely death.  We will visit his grave and celebrate all that we loved about him.
Love and miss you Steve  always xx

No comments:

Post a Comment