Saturday 27 July 2013

 
Tidal Treasures
 
Walking bare footed along the beach
Feeling the warm sand under my feet
The sound of the sea gulls over my head
High on the wing looking for a treat
 
The steady rhythm of the sea in my ears
As the tide rolls on along the shore
Depositing its treasures to see
Shells, stones and seaweed for me to explore
 
Climbing over the many wind breaks
Dividing the beach up along the way
The sun dips towards the horizon
Bright colours showing at the end of the day
 
Having collected some new treasures
It`s time to return home once more
As the water starts to tickle my toes
I leave the ocean to cover the shore!
 
 
 
I love to walk along the shore and see what the ocean carries in and deposits along the tidal line.
Shells, drift wood all sorts of things. Each time is always different.
 
 

© Lis Bull 2013
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment