Friday 3 October 2014

Dentist


We all want healthy teeth
along with a bright smile
straight, white and shiny
grinning with awesome style

All this comes at a price
and a regular routine
a decent tooth paste and brush
to keep them healthy and clean

We go every six months
to have them all checked out
sat in the dentist`s chair
all panicky, no doubt

Light`s on as we lean back
waiting for the bad news
as the dentist checks our teeth
reassuring us with schmooze

Sadly if a hole is found
then it`s the drill we need
all numbed up, we open wide
when all done, we are freed

I suppose I should say
there`s a moral to all this
best to look after our teeth
so we can smile, laugh and kiss


© Lissie Bull 2014 All rights reserved

I was challenged by my dentist to write a poem that wouldn`t put people off seeing their dentist,
I hope I managed it,  please let me know ....:)





No comments:

Post a Comment