Saturday 11 September 2021

Just Memories


Lost memories are so important to treasure! 


Just Memories!

While I was young you were always there
I remember times we spent together
your strong hand was there to guide me
pick me up as if I was a feather

we would walk and talk for hours
discussing so many topics
oh we would put the world to rights
from wrestling. art to politics

I would always look up to you
you were my rock and inspiration
someone I`d go to when times were tough
to Strive on a strong foundation

then things started to unravel
you didn`t appear to be so strong
no more advise or comfort given
just a lonely road, far to long

miss your gentle wisdom these days
sadly you`re no longer by my side
I am not sure where you really are
but miss keeping up with your stride

© Lis Bull 2021

No comments:

Post a Comment