Friday 4 March 2022





As a lot of you will know, I took up writing poetry as a therapy after losing my husband to cancer. Bringing four children up on my own was hard but being able to write down my feelings, emotions, sorrows or anger along with many wonderful moments too, really helped me to cope, it centred my soul.

Along my journey, I have learnt so much about myself and my ambitions. As a result, I have been able to help my family to get on with their lives, yet hold to all their wonderful memories of their father.
I have learnt so much more and found there are so many different types of poetry, from rhyming, freestyle, haikus, nonets, shaped, comical, memorial, sonnets, acrostic, story and odes. I have written in braille and even embroidered poetry too.
I have enjoyed every moment and feel that I am a different person, stronger and more determined to succeed.
So whatever you are going through, never be afraid to follow your heart and try something new. You may well be surprised where it will take you.
Be adventurous!
Lissie x

No comments:

Post a Comment