Tuesday 26 November 2013


The home coming 

Winter is here in force now
Jack Frost has been out to play
He has left his mark everywhere
It`s going to be a cold day

The ground is glistening brightly
All crunchy under my feet
Can see my breath in the air
As I trudge on down the street

Windows all frozen with frost
Icicles hang from the eaves
Smoke blowing from chimneys
In the gutter dead brown leaves

Everyone is hurrying by
Needing their destination
Just want to be warm again
Not a day for exploration

So stepping through the door way
Back into the warmth again
Need to feel fingers and toes
Here is where I shall remain

It`s too cold to step outside
Here, there`s a roaring log fire
Great company and food too
I`ve found my place to retire


Staying warm in winter is so important, so the home coming is something to look forward too. Entering that cosy warm space and shutting the door in the cold feels so great.!

© Lis Bull 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment