Saturday 16 November 2013



The sitter

I love to sit and watch you
As you try to work things out
Concentrating oh so hard
For you never scream or shout

You tilt your head while pouting
And then twirl you hair around
While you try and study me
I sit there without a sound

With your paint brush in your hand
You make a great start with flair
Sizing up your work of art
Then you carry on with care

As you work on my features
I`m told to sit very still
I just can`t wait to see it
This is such a mighty thrill

Then you put down your brushes
And you turn to dismiss me
You need some time to finish
I will have to wait and see

But this waiting is so hard
Really want to see it now
Then you unveil your art work
And all I can say is....wow!!


Its so amazing how an artist can paint a portrait of someone from life.
I would love to have my portrait painted.



© Lis Bull 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment