Saturday 30 November 2013


My life song
Is it over then?  without a word you slip away
What was once so very strong, is over in a day
Hurting and wondering what went wrong
Its finished, the final verse of our song

I remember the very first verse we wrote
All the good intensions we wanted to promote
Memories for us to put away and treasure
Something that would give us so much pleasure

Our life song developed as we walked together
What life throw at us, we just managed to weather
Good times or bad, it didn`t really worry us
We were with each other. we didn't`t make a fuss
Our whole world would last us into old age
Sitting secure in our lovely ivory cage
Until that fateful day, when all was thrown into doubt
The life we had cherished was turned inside out

It`s a day that is burnt into my sad heart
For the Angels came and tore us apart
Left me standing in the midst of devastation
All of my world gone, nothing but desolation

Time is a great healer, I have been told
Memories will help me cope as I grow old
However I have found time for reflection
So I`m able to finish our song with affection.





As Christmas is approaching, I remember my life song and know
that it is still being written in the background,   the next verse is due!

 

© Lis Bull 2013

    

No comments:

Post a Comment