Friday 22 November 2013




Winter`s knocking !

Winter is knocking at my door
The cold is seeping under it
So stoking up the fire for warmth
As bones are chilling where I sit

The cat`s stretched out before the hearth
Quietly watching the mice run free
Rooms filled with the sound of whistling
Copper kettle boiling for me

The flicker from a lone candle
And spectacles perched on my nose
Makes it hard to see the stitches
Of this delicately sown rose

As the wind batters the stutters
The fire just about keeps me warm
The cat stirs for but a moment
We both know there`s to be a storm

For the night will be a harsh one
But we`ll be safe here together
My cat and I in our cottage
Nestled down here in the heather



As long as there`s a roof over my head, warmth and company I know I`ll be ok.



© Lis Bull 2013






No comments:

Post a Comment