Thursday 6 September 2018


So sad to receive the news that my best friend as died. Totally gutted. This is a poem I wrote about our daft friendship and the way I will always remember her.
Reunited with her dear husband Keith. Rest in peace Margaret … you will be greatly missed


Margaret and me..!


Two determined widows
just like sisters, we`re united
matriarchs to our families
in which we are delighted

through tragic bereavements
and deep friendship too
we jolly ladies now thrive
in all we feel and say and do

as we`ve supported each other
through all the good times and the bad
such a strong bond has been formed
laughter helps us to feel glad

two jovial females we be
lardy cakes and Bingo nights
our friendship is the very best
full of support,  fun and delights


© Lissie Bull 2017

A poem written for my dear friend Margaret 







No comments:

Post a Comment